Monday 24 September 2012

Further Development

I haven't got much to post today because I'm doing some Open University activities but the more I've thought about him, the more I like the character, Beach. I had an idea about him being lonely and longing for human connection but then rejecting that connection when it was offered. It's something that we are all guilty of doing: Holding a deep desire for something and either not being able to recognise our own desire, or shunning the very thing we want. People are often self-destructive, and I think it's something that readers might connect with. As a result, I want to try and develop this element of Beach a little more.

So my plan for the next couple of days, in between my Open University course work, is to work on my encounter with Beach and try and turn those few hundred words into a short story. I'll post it as it develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment