Saturday 22 September 2012

Introduction

Have you ever felt like there is something you should be doing, like a greater destiny that is out there somewhere waiting to be discovered? I call that feeling my Writer Inside.

Somewhere inside me there's a little perspex cube with a tiny person beating on the walls and screaming to get out. Sometimes, when I'm inspired by a great book or a brilliant TV show or movie, that Writer Inside screams a little bit louder and beats on those walls a little bit harder.

I have been inspired and my Writer Inside is making a lot of noise.

A very talented friend of mine - someone that I've known since high school and who was a bridesmaid at my wedding - has a sketchbook on Conceptart, which I discovered the other day. She's an amazingly talented artist but her sketchbook reveals a ridiculous dedication and work ethic that has paid dividends. It is fantastic to see how she has developed her raw talent and how she's honed her skills. She's grown and developed and improved and she's inspired me to do the same.

Playwright, Gill Adams, once said "Writing is not a job. It isn't even a hobby. It's an addiction for which there is no cure."

It's such an appropriate quote, because my Writer Inside is stamping his feet. I have to write. It is imperative. My Writer Inside is screaming at me to set him free; hopefully, if all goes well, this blog will chronicle our journey together.

No comments:

Post a Comment