Wednesday 6 November 2013

NaNoWriMo - Day 6

My previously healthy word count is looking decidedly less healthy. Sure, I broke the 10,000 word mark yesterday with ease and powered on to just over 11k. It was cause for celebration. I ate a chocolate cookie. Day six, however, has once again resulted in a distinct lack of words. This makes me unhappy. It's all work's fault.

Today is my last of three night shifts. Night shifts are normally quiet. Night shifts are normally a time for reading or, on occasions when my brain can't function enough to understand words on a page, watching DVDs. I like my night shifts. They are normally characterised by short bursts of activity interspersed with lots of time waiting for things to happen. These ones, however, have been an almost constant flow of things to do, which means I get nothing done.

So I finish Day 6 on the same word count I started with.

Regardless of this slight disturbance in my writerly flow, I remain positive. I am still ahead of the standard target and my early finish remains in sight. The best part is that I am about to commence my three days off, which will include a Friday night write-in, so there is plenty of opportunity to power through and reclaim my lost time.

NaNoWriMo Stats - Day 6
Normal NaNoWriMo target: 10,002
Target for finishing early: 14,286
Frontloading target: 25,000
Current wordage: 11,362 (+1,360, -2,924, -13,638)



No comments:

Post a Comment